They said my letters have no legal standing!!! am I stuffed?

Fight Back Against Debt Collection Forums Dealing with Debt Collectors They said my letters have no legal standing!!! am I stuffed?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Revin Kevin Revin 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Revin
    Kevin Revin
    Participant

I got a letter today from Australian Receivables saying my letters “hold no legal standing” whats this all about?

Matt Smith
    Keymaster

Yawn… that old one. What does it say in The Beating Debt Collectors Guide about this? You have read the guide right? By them saying this to you, you’ve got them over a barrel. Now you want their proof of claim that this is so and you want evidence of their capacity to provide unsolicited legal advice. After you have asked these questions you will find that they go all quite on the subject.

Maybe get your 3rd party to call them up and pressure them on those points… “how are those notices of no legal standing?“, “are you claiming only your notices have legal standing?“, “what is your proof for those points you claim?“.

We are all equal before the law (allegedly) so if their notices are legal then your notices are legal… if your notice are not legal then their notices are not legal. They can’t have it both ways.

Admin
    Keymaster

It’s just a tactic to make you worry and think that you are making things worse for yourself. Whenever they say anything like that (as if they are helping you) then read it with caution. What do they care if what you are doing has no legal standing? If anything they would keep their mouths shut so as to let you dig a hole for yourself that would allow them to get a judgement against you.

You will nearly always find that the opposite is true to what they say. They say you can’t do this or that, you can bet you can do this or that.

Kevin Revin
    Kevin Revin
    Participant

I just panicked a bit because the wording sounded a bit harsh. Thanks for the reassurance.

Kevin Revin
    Kevin Revin
    Participant

LMAO – looks like ARL couldn’t collect and now I’m getting letters from another DCA.

THANKS GUYS!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Latest Activity

• Forums

• Newsletter

• www.DebtOutOfHere.com
    CONTACT US
    We can only give general information as to our material being of any potential benefit to you or not. Members should use the Forums or submit a Private Ticket for case support.
    Thank You. We will contact you as soon as possible.
    BEATING BANKS & DEBT COLLECTORS GUIDE PREVIEW
    The Beating Banks & Debt Collectors Guide
    YOUR GUIDE PREVIEW
    Get your preview copy of The Beating Banks & Debt Collectors Guide along with the Top 5 Secrets debt collectors don't want you to know!
    YOUR E-MAIL
    Updated 2016 Edition
    THANK YOU.. you will receive your 1st email very soon!
    Condition of Site Use
    No Legal or Financial Advice Is To Be Assumed Given or Offered From This Site
    I Agree To This?